Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Sweetest Peek

This couldn't wait til Friday for the Peek of the Week.

We took a peek at this little sweetie today at our 20 week ultrasound. Each time we look in on our children I feel so very blessed to be the boring patient. It does not escape me how lucky and blessed we are to have uneventful pregnancies and healthy children, especially when I see them on ultrasound. I am struck in equal measure both by how unbelievably happy and thankful I am and by the fact that I have in no way earned this most precious of gifts.

There are beautiful, kind, mothering souls out there who have never had the boring ultrasound. Every time we have the boring ultrasound, I think of them.

And I am even more thankful to see our healthy little thumb sucker (see her up there?) resting comfortably and growing like a weed.

1 comment:

  1. Giving thanks for your boring ultrasound. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete