Our Friday feature - the Peek of the Week - is all about you! I want to hear (and share with my readers) what wowed you this week. It could be a cool finished project, a work in progress, a personal accomplishment, a cute kid moment, or something that surprised you.
If we could peek into your week - what would you want to show us?
Each week I'll share my Peek of the Week to get the ball rolling, and invite you to link to your own blog posts about your Peek of the Week. I know y'all are up to cool stuff - we wanna see it!
Here's my peek:
Have I mentioned that in three weeks we're going to North Carolina to the beach for a week with some of our besties? 'Cause it's pretty much all we talk about around here. In fact, we've been looking forward to this trip sooooo excitedly for soooo long that I already feel like the week is going by too fast.
So this week I did some preparatory sewing for my beach babies!
First, sweet beachy shorts:
These are prime for a couple of reasons.
1)They're made from British seer sucker fabric that the fella brought me back from London.
2) For the cuffs I used that fabulous nautical tweed that the boys' Easter pants 2010 were made from which means I finally used a scrap from my (newly organized) scrap stash!
3)I got to try my hand at pattern making, well, pattern tweaking because I used the same pattern I used for Eli's apple cuff cords and boat shorts, but it doesn't come in Boogie's size. So I tweaked it. And it worked.
4) Wearing matching clothes makes Dizzy be really sweet to Boogie. He loves being "twinsies" with anybody. When he's twinsies with Amos it somehow turns them into best buds.
Next I made them new hooded poncho towels!Those are gonna come in super handy on the beautiful sandy shores of the outer banks!
Now it's your turn!
Here's how it works:
1. Each Friday I'll post my peek of the week, and give you space to link us up to yours.
2. Blog about your Peek of the Week - whatever it is. Whatever happened that made you proud, laugh, smile, inspired, excited, or just plain happy - now that's worth sharing.
3. Include a link to this blog or put the Peek of the Week button (on the sidebar) in your post.
4. Link your blog post using the InLinkz button below.
5. Visit some of the other linked posts to see what folks are glowing about this week.
Leave them some comment love and expect some to be coming your way.
If you don't get a chance to get here on Friday, feel free to link your post up later.
The InLinkz button will be active for 5 days.