Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day Revisited

The other day, the fella was reminiscing via our family blog and read aloud to me this post from my first Mother's Day:

Today has been the loveliest of days. We celebrated my first Mother's Day with yummy food and a gorgeous day in the park with my fellas. It could not have been sweeter. Well, that's not true. It could have been sweeter if I had not been up making pots until...wait for it...FIVE A.M.

This year, my Mother's Day gratitude is heaped upon my sons, the lovely fella, my Mama and those who've mothered me and my loved ones over the years...and the universe, for giving me a break from pottery for a while.

Don't get me wrong. I miss it. But I don't miss the pressure, the deadlines and staying up all night to fill orders.

Now I'm up all night snuggling A-Boogie. And that is better.

This Mother's Day (week) had us on the beach in Washington...

Playing with my sisters in Seattle...

playing with my Mama, Yaya...
Getting sandy back at home...

Shopping for silly stuff with Katie at Talulah Jones...

Going to see the sweetest hour and twenty minutes of cinema ever: Babies...

And getting totally inspired by the books the fella got me for Mothers Day:

Click on the covers to see what the fuss is all about.

And keep checking here for the venture these books have inspired me to embark upon shortly with the boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment