Friday, May 21, 2010

Formal Introduction

I'd like to officially introduce you to Betty, my trusty sewing machine.
Two Christmases ago my Dad and Stepmom asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I had just started dabbling in fabric on our roommate's machine. I didn't know where it would lead, but I thought it would be fun to have a machine of my own, so Christa and I could stop having to take shifts on her machine (it was a funny little dance we did - she'd sew while I cut and pressed. As soon as she got up I'd sneak in to sew a few stitches. It's a wonder we ever got anything made).

Dad and Carol sent Betty. And I set her up in this cozy little nook at the mountain house (yes, that's a miniature pool table she's perched upon).
Eli and I would sew away the days with Betty in the little nook.
And now Betty has a new nook and a new buddy, and lots of new fans.
We love you Betty.

No comments:

Post a Comment