Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Capes Schmapes and Some Fair Warning

Poor Dizzle. That may be the first time I've said that on this blog. It's usually poor Boogie. But poor Dizzle. He has to model everything I sew. "Just stand here for one minute and let me take your picture. Here. Right here. Hold your head up. Smile. Here. One minute. Right here."

He's worn every. single. cape.

He's over it.

But today there's a new cape in town. It's the hooded poncho towel. And he won't take them off. I made three today. Eli was a big help. He totally claimed the first one.

That's fine. He's earned it.
And I let him pick the picture for the front.
Brown bear brown bear on periwinkle. A bold choice.


The green one belongs to some other child. But don't tell Eli.

I'll be listing some in the shop soon for $18, plus shipping.


Ok - now for some fair warning:
It's about those capes schmapes. I finally acknowledged they take me more time and attention to detail than I want to admit. I really try to find out what details would make the Super Kid feel the most super. And that takes time.

So, this week is the last week to get them for $16 (which you have to admit, is a steal). Starting Sunday, July 11, they will cost $22, plus shipping. I love making them and it makes me giddy to think of kiddos running around in them and feeling super. I think $22 is a reasonable price for a completely personalized custom item that makes kids feel so special.

So - if you have cape needs on your horizon, order by Saturday for the current price!

You can find them here. Hold still. Right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment