Friday, September 30, 2011

Peek of the Week - September 30, 2011


What's Peek of the Week, you ask? It's our Friday feature and it's all about you! I want to hear (and share with my readers) what wowed you this week. It could be a cool finished project, a work in progress, a personal accomplishment, a cute kid moment, or something that surprised you.

If we could peek into your week - what would you want to show us?

Each week I'll share my own Peek of the Week to get the ball rolling, and invite you to link to your blog post about your Peek of the Week. I know y'all are up to cool stuff - we wanna see it!



It's been a while since my Peek of the Week has featured any new projects. It's been all kids being born and kids doing cute stuff and videos from cute stuff past. Which is all good stuff, don't get me wrong, but I do love a good reveal.

We've been doing lots of fall crafting around here lately. Eli chose his own crafty supplies at Michael's and had a project in mind. He went right to work on it when we got home.
I did the same.

Aside - one of the hardest parts of motherhood for me is when I get a crafty project itch and I want to just dive in head first. I miss being able to devote myself entirely to the project without regard for meals or time, or you know...attending to the people I made and keeping them alive.

So when I got home from Michael's I did little bits of my project in fits and starts until everyone was asleep so I could get down to business. And I finished it!
See it?


Aside: The boys love raking leaves. It was a good three hours of entertainment today.


It's the wreath! I made the shiniest, blingiest, glitteriest wreath on God's green earth and it is fantastic. And...it's square. I really had my heart set on a square wreath, which was not available at Michaels', so I bought a sheet of floral foam and made it myself. Take that Michael's.

And I love it.

I know it's nothing big. But it's a crafty project finished and that's kinda huge.


Ok, now you!
You could get peeking in three easy steps:
1. Blog about your Peek of the Week - whatever it is. Whatever happened that made you proud, laugh, smile, inspired, excited, or just plain happy - now that's worth sharing.
2. Include a link to this blog or put the Peek of the Week button (on the sidebar) in your post.
3. Link your blog post using the InLinkz button below.

If you don't get a chance to get here on Friday, feel free to link your post up later.
The InLinkz button will be active for 5 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment