Friday, March 30, 2012
Peek of the Week - March 30, 2012
Welcome to the Peek of the Week!
What's Peek of the Week you ask? It's our semi-regular Friday feature where we hear all about what cool things you other crafty families and blogging types have been up to. Tell us about your projects, finished or in-progress, a funny kid moment, a personal accomplishment or just something that made you smile.
Each week I'll get the ball rolling by sharing a Peek from our week and then invite you to do the same by linking up to your own post.
I've been working a lot lately on making an always accessible creative space for the boys. I moved their little table and chairs in front of the window in the living room. I bought some little crayon/marker/colored pencil/sticker holding boxes at IKEA. And I set up the paper roll at the table under elastic on each side so they can roll out paper and color til the cows come home. And I organized the supplies. In doing so I found eleventygaseven crayon giblets.
So, inspired by pintrest, we went to home-makin' some crayons.
1) De-papered crayon bits and let the boys separate them in color groups
2) Bought some ice-cube trays from IKEA and a boy themed cookie tray from Michaels
3) Loaded up the bits into the trays and let them melt in a 250 degree oven. It took about 10 minutes and we checked their progress often.
4) Stuck them in the freezer til they were hardened.
This was my fave kid project we've done in a while. Eli was all over it. And it was so easy and fun and they had a great time separating the colors and picking how they wanted to mix colors up. The race cars were the winners though. We made like 4 batches of those.
You could get peeking in three easy steps:
1. Blog about your Peek of the Week - whatever it is. Whatever happened that made you proud, laugh, smile, inspired, excited, or just plain happy - now that's worth sharing.
2. Include a link to this blog or put the Peek of the Week button (on the sidebar) in your post.
3. Link your blog post using the InLinkz button below.
If you don't get a chance to get here on Friday, feel free to link your post up later.
The InLinkz button will be active for 5 days.