Monday, August 8, 2011

Patience, patience, and more patience.





The boys are having much better luck than I am finding ways to entertain themselves while we wait for Lil' Sis' arrival. Now that I've nested all their is to nest and am in the thumb-twiddling phase, I'm going 'round the bend. I'm not so good at the twiddling.

The boys on the other hand, twiddle with the best of 'em.

We have had a bit of action around here. Saturday evening I had a bout of contractions that were consistently 4 minutes apart and over a minute long. So we went in to see if it was go-time.

It was not. The frequency and length of the contractions are good, but they need to get more intense. I should've know that it wasn't it considering how much fun the fella and I were having in the hospital. That's too much laughing for real labor. I do appreciate his dramatic parking job however:
When your wife's in labor, you gotta do whachya gotta do.


But, it seems progress had been made and that I'm on my way and may even pop out my first ever on-time or (gasp) slightly early baby.

We shall see.

3 comments:

  1. We're sending you all strong vibes! You're so very good at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessa, I'm a eatin' a pink Fla-Vor-Ice popsicle in celebration of Lil' Sis' arrival! Sending happy, lovely, pink, contraction-ey thoughts your way! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little man was 2 weeks early, so I guess I never got to that draggy waiting part. I do not envy you, but I am sending you super happy baby thoughts!! I can't wait to see her in those adorable pinafores!! :D

    ReplyDelete