Monday, June 27, 2011

A Fabulous First

My mama heart almost exploded yesterday morning as my elder boy child participated in his first church performance. I figured they would just have the littlest kids come in for a cameo (I had only heard him practicing one song all week), but no, wee Eli and all his wee buddies were part of the whole VBS Sunday performance.

I burst.
He cheesed it up real good, and kept his eye on me most of the time, waving and blowing me kisses. I burst again.

Classic.

He and the little cutie beside him seemed to have made a pact not to move a muscle for large portions of the performance.

There's my boy.


And for your viewing enjoyment:

He had a little trouble migrating forward to center stage. A propensity for the spotlight, me thinks.

Some of his best moves:



Mama Loves.

He did amazingly well for being the youngest (I think, but for sure the shortest) VBS participant. And, to make his Mama extra proud he only flashed his full chest of tattoos 3 or 4 times, but once was during a prayer (I'm told), so that one doesn't count.

Just imagine - someday all three of my brood will be up there cutting monkey shines. The mind boggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment