Friday, October 14, 2011

Peek of the Week - October 14, 2011

Why make you wait. Take a peek:EEEK!



What's Peek of the Week, you ask? It's our Friday feature and it's all about you! I want to hear (and share with my readers) what wowed you this week. It could be a cool finished project, a work in progress, a personal accomplishment, a cute kid moment, or something that surprised you.

If we could peek into your week - what would you want to show us?

Each week I'll share my own Peek of the Week to get the ball rolling, and invite you to link to your blog post about your Peek of the Week. I know y'all are up to cool stuff - we wanna see it!


My peek is one of the multiple Halloween costumes I have in the works for sweet baby Hazel. I've been dreaming of this little mermaid for a few weeks now. I started by dyeing a few long sleeved onesies to match her skin tone (sorta). I found fabulous fish scale fabric and ribbon, and fashioned a teeny weeny seashell bikini for my itty bitty pretty.

Full disclosure - I don't think she'll actually be able to wear it to any of the many Halloween engagements on her social calendar. I had to rip a bunch of seams to get her in it and she was basically straight-jacketed while she wore it.

But worry ye not - I have a number of other suitable costumes in the works.
I got the idea to have her bobbing along on the bottom of the beautiful briny sea from a very creative Mama who constructed amazing dream scenes for her wee sleeping babe out of simple fabrics and fun baby props. They are amazing and are soon to be published in a book I must own.


Now you!
You could get peeking in three easy steps:
1. Blog about your Peek of the Week - whatever it is. Whatever happened that made you proud, laugh, smile, inspired, excited, or just plain happy - now that's worth sharing.
2. Include a link to this blog or put the Peek of the Week button (on the sidebar) in your post.
3. Link your blog post using the InLinkz button below.

If you don't get a chance to get here on Friday, feel free to link your post up later.
The InLinkz button will be active for 5 days.

1 comment:

  1. Super creative and adorable! Kudos for shoe-horning her into it to get the shot! Love it!

    http://projectmommie.blogspot.com (Not sure why my old blog is showing up in the "Comment as" box.)

    ReplyDelete