Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring in the New


Spring in Colorado is a big ol' tease. Two nice days...eight inch snow fall. Sixty eight degrees one day...school's canceled the next. Head to the park wearing flip flops in the morning...throw on your parka and snow boots in the evening to check the mail.

Dear Spring,
Get here and stay already!
Sincerely,
Frozen Mother of Energetic Toddler Who Lives in Tiny Apartment

So, in preparation (and pleading) for the permanent arrival of Spring...I am engaging in the following symbolic acts:

1) I started this blog today, because Spring is for new things, right? Coincidentally:
2) I opened at Etsy shop for my home-crafted goodies. You can find it here. It contains mostly my sewn creations, but keep checking back for new things because things are just heating up over there (much like the temperature outside, hopefully).
2.1) I started Happily Home Sewn the blog and etsy shop because I've entered the Springtime of mother-of-two-hood. Meaning, the fog of having a new baby is beginning to clear, inspiring and allowing me to dabble in enjoyable ventures like crafting, blogging, and etsying.
3) The moment the mercury rises above 55 I change my entire family into summer clothing.
4) Picnics, picnics, more picnics.
5) My 2.5 year old, who shall henceforth be referred to as E-Dizzle and I spent three days crafting springy wreaths for our doors.

This ain't our first rodeo. We know that a vat of almonds and some nose picking are required to complete such a project.
Spoiler Alert - See that? That's what this blog is going to be all about - learning through craft...and some other ways too hopefully.
You too can make some spring for your doors! I got these wreath ideas from two fabulous crafty Mamas whose blogs I read.

A tutorial for the larger one can be found here on the hilarious, craftily inspiring, and most recently miraculously surprising Secondsister Suaviloquy (see her exciting newest post here).
The smaller one blossomed (pun intended) from this holiday wreath blogged about by another crafty Mama who inspires me.

Don't let those 8 inches of snow fool you. It's time the ice skates came down.

Ta Da!

Have we done enough to lure you Lady Spring? Will you come to stay?

1 comment: